Saturday, June 12, 2010

Game xiii ~ 2nd at Beaconsfield

*I played the same chap again as in xii*

I won.

We played 1500 pts this time. Instead of my usual pair of 3-las Preds, I brought those two Dreads from the previous game.

He had no Armour, handing me the initiative to isolate his force as I wished. Though he'd brought even more MegaNobz and deployed them not as far forward as possible, with my lack of dakka, I would avoid them as long as possible. I did and it helped greatly.

He deployed Ghazghkull on the flank and so I also avoided him to. I concentrated on the 40 boyz coming up the centre. The were wiped out in one turn due to multiple HF templates, massed pistol fire and multiple charges. Nice.

Sadly, however, my destroyed vehicles actually clogged up some combats and we were locked into them and reduced to clawing away at one another with one hand. Very frustrating for both of us.

I didn't play as well as I would like, two games on the trot is too much for me it seems to actually keep dotting i's and crossing t's.

Some good things I especially liked was unleashing another 'from Mech' charge in concert with Speeders and Dreads adding nasty HF clout.
I also blocked TLOS to one squad of Crusaders as they assaulted some Koptas with a Rhino, so when the Koptas died, the Crusaders could then consolidate into out of TLOS.

I also blocked the brutal Ghazghkull and MegaNobz with my Rhinos, keeping Ghaz out of it ~ crucial! and delaying the MegaNobz so I could finish the "scratching mêlée".
Then the MegaNobz received some Melta and Las goodness and they scarpered. Phew!

I will bring craters next time to open up the field more than leaving Exploded! vehicles in place.

*One thing that was a niggle was we hadn't declared the woods as difficult terrain, something that I normally do. This allowed me to assault his fleeing FlashGitz without rolling, and then beat them up in a multi-unit charge. 
He had brought 5 too many Lootas, and other stuff he didn't use, that was taken off around T3. So perhaps that was the GM 'evening' it up....? I don't know.
The game was dragging on and was one of those ones where we couldn't get a proper swing at one another as the turns kept passing.


Like in the Tau game, I was winning and looked like winning, but I would far prefer to do it cleanly for my own consciences sake

1 comment:

  1. There is a safe & effective Natural Herbal Medicine. For Total Cure Call    +2349010754824,  or email him   drrealakhigbe@gmail.com       For an Appointment with (Dr.) AKHIGBE contact him. Treatment with Natural Herbal Cure. For:Dengue Fever, Malaria. Painful or Irregular Menstruation. HIV/Aids. Diabetics. Vaginal Infections. Vaginal Discharge. Itching Of the Private Part. Breast Infection. Discharge from Breast. Breast Pain & Itching. Lower Abdominal Pain. No Periods or Periods Suddenly Stop. Women Sexual Problems. High Blood Pressure Chronic Disease. Pain during Sex inside the Pelvis. Pain during Urination. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, (PID). Dripping Of Sperm from the Vagina As Well As for Low sperm count. Parkinson disease. Obesity, Lupus. Soreness/Injury  Cancer.  Tuberculosis.  Zero sperm count. Bacteria, Impotence Fertility,Protoplasmic, Diarrhea. Hepatitis A&B, Rabies. Asthma.  Quick Ejaculation. Gallstone, Cystic Fibrosis, Schizophrenia, Crubs, Cirrhosis,  Premature Ejaculation. Herpes. Joint Pain. Stroke. Cornelia Disease, Weak Erection. Ovarian problem,  HeartBurn, Erysipelas, Thyroid, Relapsing polychondritis,  Discharge from Penis. Bronchial Problem,  HPV.  Hepatitis A and B. STD. Smallpox, Staphylococcus + Gonorrhea + Syphilis. Heart Disease.  Pile-Hemorrhoid.rheumatism,  Impotence, thyroid, Autism, Depression,  Sepsis Bacteria,  Penis enlargement, Prostate Problem,  Waist & Back Pain.  Male Infertility and Female Infertility. Etc. Take Action Now. contact him & Order for your Natural Herbal Medicine:  +2349010754824  and email him    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    Note For an Appointment with (Dr.) AKHIGBE.I suffered in Cancer for a year and three months dying in pain and full of heartbreak. One day I was searching through the internet and I came across a testimony of herpes cure by doctor Akhigbe. So I contacted him to try my luck, we talked and he sent me the medicine through courier service and with instructions on how to be drinking it.To my greatest surprise drinking the herbal medicine within three weeks I got the changes and I was cured totally. I don't really know how it happens but there is power in Dr Akhigbe herbal medicine. He is a good herbalist doctor.

    ReplyDelete